Monday, March 10, 2014

Donut?

I feed birds.  I have a feeder in my office window.  Birds flock to it.  They eat a bizallion sunflower seeds each day... I get so many birds... (The most recent "new" bird is an Eastern Towhee).  But why should I have all the joy?!  Here's the story: on 28-Feb, my colleagues threw a birthday brunch for folks with recent birthdays.  I missed the event (took a sick day to take Kara's mom to foot surgery).  3-Mar was a snow day.  When I returned on 4-Mar, two Krispy Kreme donuts remain from the brunch.  Being a pig, I tried one... stalesville.   I took the second... fashioned a string from a plastic bag... and hung it in Ray's window (beside the giant pawn!!!!). Ray said one student plucked it on friday... aside from that, it is completely preserved and unmolested.  It hangs... oi... it hangs... poor neglected donut.  Stale as all get-out... sniff...  immortal?

No comments: